Monday 3 June 2013

Mulan :)

Hello beautiful people :)
Three posts in one day?
Whaaaaat?!
I hope that I don't run out of things to blog about!
Fingers crossed.

So yesterday, I took a trip down to Walmart with my brother to buy a few things.
When I am there I always browse through the electronic section to see if there are any movies I want to buy.
Lately, I've been trying to build my Disney movie collection back up because all my VHS copies are hidden somewhere. 
I am in love with the Classic Disney films and I want to have DVD versions for my children to watch.
I've been searching for Mulan because I love this film, but I had the toughest time finding it.
Luckily, I found it yesterday in a combo pack with Mulan 2.
It blows my mind as to how frightening this film is for a Disney one.
This scared me as a child and still does!
It's not the typical princess love story, which is maybe why I like it so much.
(Don't get me wrong, I do love Snow White, Cinderella etc)
This film is all about honour and female empowering. 
Mulan makes an amazing transition from trying so hard to be the perfect wife to being the hero who saves China. 
It's clear in the film that women are supposed to be the perfect bride and keep their mouths shut.
The fact that Mulan ignores all of the rules to bring her family honour and protect her father is great. 
All women should feel great watching this movie because of the role Mulan plays. 
Image
There are certain points through this film that makes my heart stop and makes me feel truly sad. 
The scene after they sing A Girl Worth Fighting For where they see the burning village makes my heart sink.
Stuff like this happens all the time and seeing old houses on fire is very heart breaking.
Silence throughout that scene makes it even more dramatic.
Shortly after that scene there is the intense scene when they are in battle.
When Shan Yu and the Huns appear from the top of the mountain and start running down gives me goosebumps.
I'm not sure why exactly, but I get chills every single time.
My favourite line that Shang says before they prepare to fight is:
"If we die, we die with honour"
The look on the men's faces as he says that shows fear, yet they oblige because they know that they are there to fight for honour. 
Image
Now these three fellows add so much comedy to this film, really lightening up the mood. 
Yao, Ling and Chien-po are so funny, I can't help but laugh. 
They are such goofballs who have no idea what is going on. 
The battle scene when they decide to go help Mulan is one of my favourites.
As they run towards the Huns, they see the avalanche coming their way and immediately turn around trying to run back for safety.
Later on in that scene when Yao tries to save Mulan and Shang, my gosh I was laughing so hard when he failed and then miraculously managed to get a hold of the rope again.

I think it's great to have those certain characters who are really funny.
They really make a film enjoyable for me.
& The fact that these three are so different from each other makes it even better.
Another one of my favourite characters is Mushu
Image
His side comments and the delivery in his lines are fantastic!
He's such a comical character that any scene that he is in, you know it'll be funny. 

This is also my favourite song.
The acapella part is my favourite.
This song gets stuck in my head all the time.
I've been singing it all day!

I love everything about this film.
The animation is great, the songs are great and I love all the characters.
This is a film that my children will have to watch.
I am going to leave you with my favourite quote of the entire film

"The greatest gift and honour is having you for a daughter"
- Mulan's Father 
My baby watching Mulan with me :)
You should all go watch Mulan again.
Watching Disney films always reminds me of my childhood.
It's a great feeling :)
I hope you all enjoyed this!
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

1 comment:

  1. I love this movie! But I haven't seen it in ages :S

    ReplyDelete