Wednesday 5 June 2013

Product Review | Nivea Cleansing Wipes

Hello beautiful people :)
It's time for another review.
About a month ago I purchased new make-up wipes.
I don't have a brand that I always buy.
I tend to mix it up, so I thought I would try Nivea's Aqua Effect Cleansing Wipes.
These wipes are meant for dry and sensitive skin.
Since I have both dry and sensitive skin, I thought 'wow this is going to be perfect for me and I'm going to love these'.
HAHA, I was wrong.
They are supposed to gently take off your makeup and claim to do a great job at taking off waterproof mascara.
These wipes contain natural almond oil and hydra IQ.

For those who don't know what Hydra IQ is, (because I had no idea what it was) it is an ingredient that moisturizes your skin inside and out.
Majority of Nivea products contain Hydra IQ.
If you want to know more about it, here is the link to the website.
These wipes are supposed to gently cleanse the face whilst keeping the natural moisture in balance.
It took me a long time to finish these.
After two weeks of using these every day, I went out to buy a different makeup remover because I really didn't like these. 
I forced myself to finish this pack just so I could get rid of them.

This product just didn't do anything for me.
These are the first makeup wipes that I haven't liked, yet I was so sure that I was going to fall in love with them when I first purchased them.
When they say gentle, they really do mean gentle.
The wipes are very gentle on my face, but they did a horrible job of taking my makeup off.
I didn't have a problem  with getting my face makeup off, but I felt like I was clawing at my eyes to get my eye makeup off.
I don't wear waterproof mascara, but I do wear waterproof eyeliner.
& that eyeliner would not come off with these wipes.
I would have so much mascara and eyeliner left over, that I would have to use another makeup remover to make sure that everything came off.

To a certain extent I can say that these are moisturizing.
But there were times that  I would use these and my skin would feel dry.
I don't know if it's because I had to scrub my face with them, but my skin didn't always feel moisturized.
But, this didn't make my skin feel or look oily after, which is good I guess.
Overall, I wasn't satisfied.

I will not be repurchasing this product.
I, also, wouldn't recommend this to other people.
Leave a comment below if you've tried this product or if you have any suggestions as to what makeup remover wipes I could try next.
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment