Sunday 16 June 2013

Showtime :)

Hello beautiful people :)
These past two days have been phenomenal!
I couldn't ask for a better way to spend my weekend.
I love being around my second family, especially when we are all in such fabulous moods.
If you've kept up with my 30 Day Snap Challenge, you'd know that this weekend has been my recital weekend.

It's my studio's 3rd annual recital and I couldn't be more thrilled.
The weather was beautiful, which made all of us even happier.
I haven't gotten much sleep because I've either been really excited or stressed out over the shows.
Why I was stressed? I have no clue.
I'm normally stressed out for no particular reason when it comes to dance situations.
I just put so much into all of my performances and choreography that I want everything to turn out perfectly.
When it comes to dance, I strive for perfection.

The amount of hard work that the entire staff and all of the dancers put in is incredible.
It really requires a lot of team work.
The end product couldn't be achieved if we didn't all work together.

All of my students did great and I'm so proud of how they looked on stage.
My babies shined and surprisingly knew the steps.
I have never been more impressed with two and three year olds in my life!
They smiled, they laughed, they had a great time. 
My older girls did just as great.
They executed my routine very well; nailing all the movement and having great stage presence.
I'm a lot harder on my older students.
But at the end of the day, they know that I love all of them so much!

I'm going to share with you a few pictures that I took over the weekend.
I've been her teacher for two years and the growth that this young dancer has made puts a smile on my face :) 
The things I wear to make my kids smile!
Animal Crackers in my Soup: Zebra, Mother Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Cheetah, Lobster, Cow
Hokey Pokey.
 I've grown attached to these munchkins because I've had them for so long.
I won't be their teacher next year, so saying bye to them was a little emotional.
They've all snuck their way into my heart :)
Butterfly Fly Away
This girl puts a smile on my face. She is always so happy. & She loves me as much as I love her
One of the younger dancers that I've grown close with :)
Another little troublemaker that I'm so proud of!
Her mom is my hair stylist. You can't get any cooler than this chic!
Where do I begin with these two? I've fallen in love with them after the first class I had with them!
The poor girls were crying after saying bye to this year's graduates!
I was very surprised seeing this girl at the showcase.
I danced with her for many years and she switched studios this year.
Seeing her come out and support all of us made me really excited.
I miss her so much <3

What made the weekend even better was being back on the stage. 
I got to perform three routines this weekend.
A tap duet with my old partner, a lyrical group with one of the senior companies and I filled in for the other senior company in a lyrical group.
All the stress and anxiety that I was feeling prior to getting on the stage vanished the moment I stepped foot onto it.
Hearing my students, fellow dancers and the parents cheering for me felt so nice and I loved all the bright lights.
I made sure to embrace every moment of it, in case I don't get to do this again. 
A smile was the only thing that could be found on my face.
Despite all of the bruises, bumps and blisters I have now, I had the time of my life.
Rocking a first position after a night of dancing on the stage in bare feet! Yuck!

Today has been rough and I've been aching all over.
I plan to take a few resting days, so I can stop feeling like an old lady.
But I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything in the world.
I miss the feeling of being sore!
It makes me feel like I've accomplished something and I definitely have this weekend!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend like I did!
Leave a comment below and let me know what you did this weekend and something that you love doing!
Also, don't be afraid to follow me on Bloglovin' !
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment