Tuesday 18 June 2013

Do What's Best For You :)

Hello beautiful people :)
I'm sorry if today's post sounds like a rant.
I just have a lot of feelings right now and I need to get them out.

I've said this more than once, I've grown up a lot since my senior year of high school.
I may act like a child sometimes, but the way I look at things and the way I deal with situations have changed.
I, personally think that it's a good change and I'm happy that I've grown up.
For the longest time I've tried so hard to please everyone and that became exhausting.
I was so worried about what my 'friends' thought about me.
I'd rather make myself unhappy then have them upset.
I don't know why I did that, but I can tell you that it sucked.
I thought having more friends was better than having a small group of great and loyal friends.
But now I look at myself and I can't believe that I thought that.
It's quality vs. quantity.
Having four friends that will be there for you no matter what is 100 times better than having ten friends that you can't count on.

Since I've started university I've made sure that I do what's best for me.
It's important to be confident and comfortable with yourself.
Don't stretch yourself out to the point where you're going to snap.
Make sure that you're comfortable with everything that you are doing and that it isn't stressing you out too much.
No one knows you, better than you!
Don't be afraid to say no when you have too much on your plate or if you aren't happy with certain aspects in your life.

For me the biggest change that I've made is saying bye to those friends that made me more stressed out than happy. 
It took me a while to realize it, but when I did it came as a shock.
Why was I so worried that they'd be upset if I didn't want to drink at a party?
Why did I care about what they would say behind my back?
The biggest question of all was, what are they saying behind my back?
What really upsets me is that I know they were talking behind my back and yet I stuck around...how stupid am I?
Looking back on everything, I was that friend that they invited to increase their numbers and the friend that would just be there when they needed me.
Do you know how pathetic that makes me look?

Reflecting back on those so-called friendships is what made me realize that I'm not doing what is best for me.
I was constantly over thinking things and worrying.
I hated the way I looked at everything.
If I wanted to be a better person, I needed to surround myself around better people.
& that's what I did.

I cannot express enough, how happy I am with where I am in my life right now.
I look at every situation and opportunity and I think about how it'll impact my life.
Will the impact be positive or negative?
The negative situations I rule out.
I need to make sure that I'm happy and content with my life because when I'm not, it effects my decisions.
Petty arguments I roll off my shoulder because at the end of the day it isn't worth it.

Do What's Best For You.
Trust me, it makes everything else a lot better.
Everything clears up for you and you stop regretting things.
Whew, I think I'm finished.
aha!
Follow me on BlogLovin'
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment