Wednesday 14 August 2013

Advice of the Night: Don't Over Think Everything.

Hello beautiful people!
I am not going to lie, I am in a terrible mood.
I'm writing this post without putting much thought into it, so I don't know if this will be an advice post or a rant one.
We shall see what happens...

I am 18 and I can say that I have had my fair share of boy issues.
But what I'm starting to notice is that the same thing happens each time.
I get ahead of myself and I over think everything and end up ruining it. 
I can't begin to talk about how much I hate it!
I over think everything and it sucks.
It simply sucks.
It seems like I'm unable to just enjoy the things and people that are in my life.
I even have a horrible tendency to over think my friendships...what is wrong with me?
There is not a single aspect of my life that I don't over think.

Some people say that it's better to over think things than to not think at all.
But I don't agree!
I think that over thinking situations prevents you from taking risks and experiencing situations that you wouldn't normally experience.
It can ruin friendships because you could over analyze your friend's actions causing a fight.

My advice to you all is to not let your thoughts affect your life.
To a certain extent, it makes sense to pay attention to your thoughts.
But there is a fine line!
Make sure that you are being reasonable, that you aren't over reacting and jumping to conclusions.
For me, because I over think a lot, it makes me feel worse about myself.
I am guaranteed to feel horrible about myself if I let my mind control everything.

Know your limit.
Don't try to convince yourself that a guy isn't interested in you.
Don't convince yourself that your friends are mad at you because they are having a rough day.
I think having a bit of confidence in yourself helps not being so anal about everything in your life!
I know this is all easier said then done!
But I know that not over thinking everything is something that I'm trying to change.
It's not easy, but it's worth it!

Don't over think everything.
Take risks!
Be happy!
Be confident in yourself and it'll makes a difference with how people see you.
Be confident in the relationships that you have with your best friends.

I'm definitely going to keep those things in mind!
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment