Tuesday 30 April 2013

Dance Moms Finale :)

Hello beautiful people :)
Tonight is the Dance Moms Finale and I decided that it would be a beautiful opportunity to talk about one of my favourite shows. 
I've been told that I'm not supposed to like the show because I'm a dancer, which I don't really understand.
Every argument in every episode, I understand both Abby's point of view and the moms' point of view because I'm a dancer and a choreographer.
It's quite funny when I watch this show because I frequently scream at the TV, I get butterflies before the girls dance and I get aggravated when Melissa starts getting all whiny.
 
I don't like picking favourites in general, but I can't help it.
Chloe and Brooke are by far my favourite dancers.
Chloe is just phenomenal on stage and I can't take my eyes off of her. She has beautiful extensions and I would die to be able to turn like her.
Brooke is another fantastic dancer, but is definitely looked past by Abby, which is unfortunate because treatment like that really does effect a dancer mentally.
To me, if I am being completely honest, I'm over this whole Maddie thing. I don't think that she's a better dancer than Chloe, the other girls are definitely catching up to her.
The one thing that really bothers me about Maddie is that when she is on stage, her face never changes...it always looks the same. There is no variety in her facial expressions and to me that is something very important in the Dance World.
Don't get me wrong Maddie is an incredibly talented dancer and she'll get far, I just don't agree on the way Abby puts her above the rest of the girls all the time. 

Now time for the mommas :)
My all time favourite mothers are Kelly and Christi!
When they fought for a bit during this current season, I was absolutely devastated! 
Some people believe that they are the crazy ones, but I truly believe that they are doing what's best for their daughters and most of the time they have the right to be angry.
Chloe, Brooke and Paige have been treated terribly by Abby and I would have acted the same way as Christi and Kelly!
To me, Melissa is the crazy and whiny mom.
The way Melissa goes about doing things makes me angry and I don't agree with her methods.
She's all happy and doesn't care about anything when Maddie is on top of the pyramid, but the second she isn't, Melissa just finds everything to complain about!
She's going to be in for a rude awakening when she realizes that there are girls out there who can out dance Maddie and Mackenzie.

This show is an addiction.
I don't think I watch this show like most non-dancer people do.
A lot of people don't understand the fights and the cattiness, but majority of dancers will.
People think that it's just this particular group that acts this way, but this is an excellent representation of the Dance World.
There are mothers like Kelly, Christi, Jill, Holly and Melissa at every studio
& every studio has their drama.
The world of dance is competitive and parents will do whatever it takes for their child to get on top.
Sometimes it be pathetic and sometimes it can be overly competitive,
But it comes with being a dancer or a dance mom.

I've been joking with my artistic directors this year, 
that dancers shouldn't be allowed to watch Dance Moms, especially their parents
Because ever since this show has become really popular, the moms have gotten crazier...
To the point, where I can say some moms at my studio are worse than these moms.

Comment below about what you think about the show and how I've commented about it.
I'd definitely be interested to see if I'm just looking at all of this wrong.
I hope you are all having a beautiful day & enjoy the Dance Moms Finale tonight
I know I sure will :)
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment